A Trengganu Trek

Capital of Trengganu

Capital of Trengganu

Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Beach at Kijal

Having seen and done so much at our 3 days 2 nights at Tanjung Jara
and 3 days 2 nights at Awana Kijal back to back Trengganu holiday,
it was now time to leave and take another road trip back.
Before we left, we drove around the vicinity of Awana Kijal, specifically Kijal Beach.

Upon seeing this sign, we drove in to Kijal beach
and was greeted with the most serene beach scenarios.

Turquoise sky met with indigo sea and
powdery sandy beaches adorned with rocky outcrops
Rocks that kept sentinel as waves crash on them
and send sprays cascading (not shown, only my imagination)
My daughter had sand in her eyes,
but I had mists in my dreams and clouds in my coffee...
(don't ask me what that means, I got it from an old song)
My sister defied odds to drive us to the east coast in her Lexus...we are all girls..
Another picture of the eastern mermaid that waits perpetually
for her love to fulfill her dreams, till she turned into stone
(from a chinese (Shaw Bros) movie I watched when I was young,
it fuelled my romantic notions!!)
Some signs of life: daytrippers on an otherwise deserted stretch
Too beautiful for words...how's this?...
Pandanus leaves in the foreground adjacent to a hackened fence
frames a placid sea of calm, a barely discernible rise of a gentle mountain
assymetrically dots the sky!!!!!
ha ha ha!! I can't understand what I wrote last picture, so I shall leave this picture alone!
Looks like speedboats of fishing tycoons, but they are boats of plain fisher folk
I don't know what are these, but it made a pretty picture
Traps, perhaps?
Another shot of my mermaid rock, I seemed to be pervertly fixated with it!
Casuarina trees and shaded pier for girls to wait for their men to come back from sea
Guarded and gated community with coconut trees as sentry
A sight for sore eyes
and the most jaded soul...if you want to escape
the mundane, humdrum, smog filled, methane fuelled rush hour
of Kuala Lumpur, come here to Kuala Trengganu

Where the only denizens are a bunch of cockerels
and hens and definitely no thoroughfares!!!!

No comments: